Doula Support Includes:
- 2 prenatal visits: We’ll get to know each other, go over your birth plan, and practice comfort measures.
- Continuous support via phone and email.
- On-call support beginning at 37 weeks: I will be available via phone 24/7, ready to attend your birth as soon as labor begins.
- During the on-call period, I will always be ready with movement-friendly attire, reliable transportation, and a sober disposition.
- If travelling to a hospital, I will meet you at your home and provide support during transport (exceptions made for rapid labor, etc.)
- Continuous doula support through labor, birth, and the immediate postpartum period:
- Physical comfort measures: comforting touch, position changes, walking and movement support, etc.
- Emotional support: I will consistently remind you that you are beautiful, powerful, and inherently able to give birth.
- Creation of a birth-friendly environment: Per our prenatal discussions, I will make every effort to ensure you feel safe, secure, and uninhibited.
- Breastfeeding support: I’ll help you begin breastfeeding as soon as you and your new baby feel ready.
- Immediate postpartum support.
- 1 postpartum visit:
- A few days to a week later, I will come to your home to check in and review your experience, and to answer any questions or address and concerns that may have come up.
- Additional breastfeeding support, as needed.
I have Eco Birth Pool in a Box birth tubs to lend to my clients. There is an additional $80 fee for using a birth tub.
$300: Retainer fee, due upon hiring. This covers prenatal support, and reserves my availability during the on-call period.
$500: Labor support fee, due by 36-weeks gestation.
Doula clients receive a $100 discount on any Bradley Method® Childbirth Education Series.